The growth of e-commerce
The way consumers shop is changing, they want convenience and the demand for on-line purchasing is increasing. Would it surprise you to know that:
- 92% of the UK population are regular internet users1
- 77% of internet users have made a purchase online1
- Online sales grew by 16% in 2016. That’s £18bn more spent online than in 2015
- Smart phones are driving the growth and now account for over 50% visits to retail sites1
With the rise of eCommerce it has become increasingly important for businesses to have an online store where they can sell their range of products and services and develop stronger relationships with their customers.
At Alcon we understand that for an independent Optician it can be both complex & costly to install an e-commerce platform so we have developed InContact to support you and your business on-line.
What is InContact?
Alcon is an enhanced digital platform that will enable your patients to purchase their contact lenses on-line direct from you, their local optician. It can help you extend your customer base and build long term relationships with both new and existing patients.
For eye care professionals InContact :
- is a digital platform that drives new patients to your practice
- allows you to better meet your patient needs by offering the option to purchase on-line
- facilitates patient management
For your patient InContact :
- is a brand new user-friendly website that gives them guidance on contact lenses and the convenience of online shopping
Watch our videos to find out more:
The benefits of InContact
For an easier and smoother first experience of contact lenses, InContact helps your patients by allowing them to:
- find out more about contact lenses
- find an experienced eye care professional through the optician finder
- order and pay for their contact lenses online directly from their optician
- learn about promotional offers
For building closer relationships with patients and better meeting their needs, InContact helps you to:
- increase foot traffic to your store
- improve your online visibility – providing you with an online shop window and preferential positioning on the Alcon store locator
- give your patients the ability to buy their contact lenses on-line directly from you
- better communicate with your patients through your preferred method
How can I get set up on InContact?
An Alcon InContact Specialist can visit your practice to set you up in a few simple steps:
- help you personalise your digital storefront
- add your Alcon contact lens price list
- customise your patient notifications
- help set up your PayPal account
For more information, please email the Alcon Vision Care Brand team or speak to your Alcon Business Development Manager.